We understand here at ThriveCart that some of you will be shipping physical products to your customers.
We just want to make you aware that we will be building out a customer management area of the app as part of our road map over the coming weeks / months, but until then I want to show you how you can get your customers details for their orders.
In this tutorial we’re going to look at getting your customers details from Stripe.
1. You’ll need to go to stripe.com and login to your account.
2. From your dashboard you have the option to switch between your test account and live account. If you’re looking to check the details for a live transaction then you need to make sure this switch is set to ‘live’
3. In the menu on the left hand side you need to choose the option that says ‘customers’
4. We are then presented with a list of customers who have purchased from you. The most recent will be at the top.
5. Clicking on an email address of a customer will bring up all the details regarding the customer. Under the metadata section you will see all the address details for the customer. Unfortunately stripe doesn’t list this in a logical order, but the labels to the left of the data lets you know what is what.
For example this customers details are:
Name: John Smith
Address: 12 Main Street, My City, CA, 12345 – USA
Phone number: 555-123-4567
6. If you want to see further details about what they actually ordered you can click on the ‘payments’ area.
7. Then in the top it will show you the names of the products purchased as part of that order.
Hopefully this helps explain to you where to view your customers details within Stripe, until we have the customer management area built out within ThriveCart.
If you have any questions you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org